Re: [patch] mm, mempolicy: make mempolicies robust against errors

On Tue, 6 Mar 2012, David Rientjes wrote:

> That's not compiled for CONFIG_BUG=n; such a config fallsback to
> include/asm-generic/bug.h which just does
>
> 	#define BUG()	do {} while (0)
>
> because CONFIG_BUG specifically _wants_ to bypass BUG()s and is reasonably
> protected by CONFIG_EXPERT.

Why would anyone do this? IMHO if you disable CONFIG_BUG and things
explode then its your fault.

If we must have the ability then make BUG() fallback to something that
quiets down the compiler (and set some kind of an "idiot" flag in the
tainted flags please so that we can ignore bug reports like that).