Re: [LSF/MM/BPF BoF] Session for CXL memory

在 2023/1/24 8:57, Wei Xu 写道:
On Mon, Jan 23, 2023 at 4:22 PM Yang Shi <shy828301@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, Jan 22, 2023 at 9:51 PM David Rientjes <rientjes@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, 6 Jan 2023, Viacheslav A.Dubeyko wrote:

CC: LSF/MM/BPF mailing list. Sorry, missed the list.

On Jan 6, 2023, at 11:51 AM, Viacheslav A.Dubeyko <viacheslav.dubeyko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I believe CXL memory is hot topic now. I believe we have multiple topics
for discussion. I personally would like to discuss CXL Fabric Manager
and vision of FM architecture implementation. I am going to share the topic
in separate email. I would like to suggest a special session for CXL memory
related topics.

How everybody feels about it?

I think this makes a lot of sense, thanks for suggesting it.

Should this be a BoF or just a normal topic proposal?  I assume that there
could be several different topics of interest all related to CXL.mem.

Specifically interesting would be the division of work between the kernel
and userspace to manage memory placement on systems with locally attached
CXL.  And, further, what APIs userspace would have at its disposal for
explicit optimization of this placement that would exist beyond what is
available for NUMA.

Yeah, in addition, how CXL hierarchy interacts with memory tiering may
be an interesting topic too.

I assume we might also want to chat about CXL 2.0 extensions that would be
useful, especially for cloud providers.

I'd be happy to join in any of the proposals for these topics, just let me
know!

+1 for me.

I am also interested in these discussions.

+1, I am interested in this.