Re: (resend)WARNING: trying to isolate tail page in isolate_lru_page

On Fri, Aug 26, 2022 at 10:53:46AM -0700, Minchan Kim wrote:
> Long term, that's better idea(For stable backport, I'd like to go with
> simple PageLRU check).
>
> I wonder it's possible to mix LRU pages and non-struct pages together
> in a VMA. Otherwise, could we reuse(abuse) VM_MIXEDMAP?

On a bit of a tangent, I'm not sure that we should be allowing this for
file pages at all.  I see that we only allow it if mapcount is 1, but page
cache is also used by applications that don't mmap it.  So if some other
application is using /tmp/bigfile with read() and write(), I can force
that memory out of the page cache by mmaping it and calling MADV_PAGEOUT.
That could be used as an exfiltration side-channel, for example.