[LSF/MM TOPIC][ATTEND] cleancache extension and memory checkpoint/restore

Hi.

I'd like to attend the event to discuss the following topics:

1. cleancache extension

In containerized systems, when containers are more or less equal to each
other, we can save RAM and (!) disk IOPS if we share equal files between
containers. We've been using a unionfs-like approach and faced several
disadvantages of it (I can describe them in details if required).

Now we're working on extending the cleancache subsystem to achieve this
sharing. The cost of fully isolated filesystems is very high, I can provide
numbers of various performance experiments, thus this is required badly for
containers.

2. memory checkpoint/restore

Yet another project I'm working on is CRIU -- checkpoint-restore in userspace.
One of the problems we've met is -- it's impossible to determine a task's
current working set from the usepspace.

Another problem of the nearest future is the ability to create the memory snapshot
of a running task for more efficient migration and incremental checkpoint.

Thanks,
Pavel