Re: [LSF/MM TOPIC] memcg topics.

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 4:55 PM, KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki
<kamezawa.hiroyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 4. dirty ratio
>   In the last year, patches were posted but not merged. I'd like to hear
>   works on this area.

I would like to attend to discuss this topic.  I have not had much time to work
on this recently, but should be able to focus more on this soon.  The
IO less writeback changes require some redesign and may allow for a
simpler implementation of mem_cgroup_balance_dirty_pages().
Maintaining a per container dirty page counts, ratios, and limits is
fairly easy, but integration with writeback is the challenge.  My big
questions are for writeback people:
1. how to compute per-container pause based on bdi bandwidth, cgroup
dirty page usage.
2. how to ensure that writeback will engage even if system and bdi are
below respective background dirty ratios, yet a memcg is above its bg
dirty limit.