Re: [RFC] Mechanism to induce memory reclaim

On Sun 06-03-22 15:11:23, David Rientjes wrote:
[...]
> Some questions to get discussion going:
>
>  - Overall feedback or suggestions for the proposal in general?

Do we really need this interface? What would be usecases which cannot
use an existing interfaces we have for that? Most notably memcg and
their high limit?

I do agree that the global means to trigger the reclaim
(min_free_kbytes) is far from a precise tool but it would be interesting
to hear more about why a number of reclaimed pages would be a more
useful interface. Could you elaborate on that please?
--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs