Re: [patch 149/262] mm/vmscan: throttle reclaim until some writeback completes if congested

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 2:05 PM Matthew Wilcox <willy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hmm?  I think you based on some older version of Linus' tree that didn't
> have folios.

Andrew these days actually maintains a base commit model exactly so
that he doesn't end up rebasing during development.

So the whole series is based on plain 5.15, and I'll take care of the
conflict resolution.

This workflow can result in more conflicts for me than what Andrew
used to do ("send against current linus tip"), but it means that when
conflicts happen, they get all the merge resolution help that git
gives you, and hopefully what gets tested (over the months that it can
be in -mm) is closer to what gets sent to me.

              Linus