about memory zone

Hi everyone,

i am doing some research work that need to utilize the swapping stuff of linux kernel. i add one separate zone, which only used for my application, i prevent the other application or kernel from allocating from that zone. i marked every page that allocated form my zone with reclaimable flag. but when my zone is nearly full, which will trigger the kswapd to swap out some pages, the balance_pgdat found the reclaimable pages inside my zone is 0.  because the NR_INACTIVE_FILE, NR_ACTIVE_FILE, NR_INACTIVE_ANON, NR_ACTIVE_ANON lru list are all empty. i do not know why kernel did not do any statistics on my own zone.

Does anyone know why this happen? and how to solve this? i need swapping support on my own zone too.

Thanks,
Sheng

--
Sheng Qiu