Re: [5.14] problem with dynamic memory allocation for object debugging

On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 07:23:03PM +0900, Tetsuo Handa wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm frequently hitting "BUG: Invalid wait context", and
> it seems that this problem is not fixed yet.
>
> This is a problem between spinlock versus raw_spinlock. check_wait_context()
> complains if we try to take a spinlock when we already hold a raw_spinlock.

Disable this option:

config PROVE_RAW_LOCK_NESTING
        bool "Enable raw_spinlock - spinlock nesting checks"
        depends on PROVE_LOCKING
        default n
        help
         Enable the raw_spinlock vs. spinlock nesting checks which ensure
         that the lock nesting rules for PREEMPT_RT enabled kernels are
         not violated.

         NOTE: There are known nesting problems. So if you enable this
         option expect lockdep splats until these problems have been fully
         addressed which is work in progress. This config switch allows to
         identify and analyze these problems. It will be removed and the
         check permanently enabled once the main issues have been fixed.

         If unsure, select N.

If you're not working on removing these splats yourself, then reporting
them has little value.