Re: [RFC 0/7] Introduce memory allocation speed throttle in memcg

yulei zhang writes:
Yep, dynamically adjust the memory.high limits can ease the memory pressure
and postpone the global reclaim, but it can easily trigger the oom in
the cgroups,

To go further on Shakeel's point, which I agree with, memory.high should _never_ result in memcg OOM. Even if the limit is breached dramatically, we don't OOM the cgroup. If you have a demonstration of memory.high resulting in cgroup-level OOM kills in recent kernels, then that needs to be provided. :-)