Is anonymous memory part of the page cache on Linux?

Hello!
Hopefully I'm asking here in the right place and don't disturb.

Is anonymous memory - i.e. program heap and stack - part of the page cache on Linux? The documentation[1] of the kernel does not state that. But the Wikipedia entry about page cache contains a graphic[2] (look at the top right) which gives me the impression that 'malloc()' allocates dynamic memory within the page cache. Is it possible that the page cache serves as general foundation for memory management on Linux? Taking into account that `mmap()` also allows for anonymous mappings this could fit together?

I've asked this originally on Stackoverflow[3].

Thank you
Peter

[1] https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/mm/concepts.html#anonymous-memory [2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Page_cache#/media/File:The_Linux_Storage_Stack_Diagram.svg
[3] https://stackoverflow.com/q/66587345/1054324