Re: RFC -- new zone type

Larry Bassel <lbassel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> It was suggested to me that a new zone type which would be similar
> to the "movable zone" but is only allowed to contain pages
> that can be discarded (such as text) could solve this problem,

This may not actually be a win because if the text pages are needed
afterwards the act of rereading them from disk would likely take longer
than the copying.

The so you many not get latency before, but after.

Essentially robbing Peter to pay Paul.

If the goal is to just spread the latency over a longer time
I'm sure there are better ways to do that than to add a new zone.

-Andi