Re: [patch 21/78] kasan: split out shadow.c from common.c

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 8:17 PM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 5:13 PM Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Sigh.  I don't have access to my capable-of-compiling-KASAN machine at
> > present :(  We'll need this, yes?
>
> Four of the patches in this patch-bomb mention the not-yet-existing
> kfence.h header. This plus two others have it in the actual patch. The
> fourth has it only as context.
>
> Two others mention kfence in some form or another.
>
> I think I'll drop all the kasan-related patches (and that's most of
> it), and basically only keep the memcg and epoll ones from this
> series.

@Andrew, were you planning to resend the KASAN series for 5.11? Do you
need help with that?

It would be a pity to punt that big chunk of MTE-related work the
folks did just because of the leftover KFENCE bits, we didn't mean to.

--
Alexander Potapenko
Software Engineer

Google Germany GmbH
Erika-Mann-Straße, 33
80636 München

Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Halimah DeLaine Prado
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg