Re: Emails from kvack.org going into spam

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 10:13:49AM -0400, Benjamin LaHaise wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 02:57:33PM +0100, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 10:54:51AM -0300, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > > Does anyone know who is the admin for kvack.org?
> >
> > That's Ben.  Adding cc.
>
> Without suggestions for how to fix the issue, there's not much I can do.
> majordomo doesn't modify the message body - that was changed years ago to
> deal with the first round of DKIM breakage.

First round? I looked some more and it is not just Google senders, but
Facebook and others. This is a bug chunk of the major kernel
contributing companies effected :(

> Postfix must be mangling things, but I have no idea how to prevent
> that.

If so, it is probably the hand off from majordomo to postfix is not
8bit clean? Weitse had some guidance on how that works:

http://postfix.1071664.n5.nabble.com/On-DKIM-and-Content-Transfer-Encoding-td68767.html

Seems he confirms that indeed postfix auto downgrades if it is not all
done correctly.

The big hammer is to try this:

disable_mime_output_conversion (default: no)
  Disable the conversion of 8BITMIME format to 7BIT format. Mime output conversion is needed when the destination does not advertise 8BITMIME support.

  This feature is available in Postfix 2.0 and later.

In 2020 I bet you can safely set that to yes. Lots of internet hits
related to that config and DKIM breakage with Postfix.

But probably this is an issue with integrating majordomo with postfix,
ie it doesn't set the -B8BITMIME when calling sendmail or something?
Postfix is sensitive to this, other mailers like exim are not.

> I wish people wouldn't keep coming up with new ways to break
> mailing lists.

Running mailing lists has always been hard :(

Jason