Re: [patch 01/15] mm/memory.c: avoid access flag update TLB flush for retried page fault

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 4:05 AM Catalin Marinas <catalin.marinas@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> It leaves the spurious flush in place but only local (though note that
> in a guest under KVM, all local TLBIs are upgraded to inner-shareable,
> so you'd not get the performance benefit).

Is there a way to mark and override that for this case?

It really makes no sense to distribute the TLB invalidation. Even if
some virtualization manager switches CPU's from under us at _just_ the
wrong moment, it doesn't matter. It's a spurious thing, at worst we'll
take one more exception on the other CPU that didn't get flushed after
all.

            Linus