RE: [RFC] non-preemptible kernel socket for RAMster

Ok, I understand there is interest in implementing
'remote-volatile-ballooning-variant' but how do you pick a remote
candidate(hypervisor)? Let's say, memory could be available on remote
system but what if the remote-p{NIC,CPU} is overloaded? Sure, sysadmins
won't have this info because this so dynamic(and it's quite possible as
you mentioned above). But does the trans-remote-API know about this
resource-availability before opening a remote-channel?

Stressing the remote-p{NIC/CPU} might trick hypervisor-vmotion-plugin to
vmotion VM[s] to another hypervisor. How is trans-remote-API integrating
with remote/global vmotion policies to avoid this false vmotion?

> Dan

Chetan Loke