Are there some potential problems that I should be aware of if I allocate the memory which doesn't have any relation to peripheral hardwares(i.e. DMA,PCI) by vmalloc() instead of kmalloc() to avoid the page allocation failure?

Hi, list
Besides kmalloc() is more efficient, are there some potential problems that I should be aware of if I allocate the memory which doesn't have any relation to peripheral hardware(i.e. DMA, PCI) by vmalloc() instead of kmalloc()  to avoid the page allocation failure.