Re: [Lsf-pc] [LSF/MM TOPIC] Congestion

On Tue 31-12-19 04:59:08, Matthew Wilcox wrote:

> I don't want to present this topic; I merely noticed the problem.
> I nominate Jens Axboe and Michael Hocko as session leaders.  See the
> thread here:

Thanks for bringing this up Matthew! The change in the behavior came as
a surprise to me. I can lead the session for the MM side.

> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mm/20190923111900.GH15392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

> system is sleeping waiting for congestion that will never clear.
>
> A good outcome for this meeting would be:
>
>  - MM defines what information they want from the block stack.

The history of the congestion waiting is kinda hairy but I will try to
summarize expectations we used to have and we can discuss how much of
that has been real and what followed up as a cargo cult. Maybe we just
find out that we do not need functionality like that anymore. I believe
Mel would be a great contributor to the discussion.

--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs