Re: remap_pfn_range addr page alignment

On 10/16/19 9:57 PM, Alex Zhang wrote:
> Hey there!
>
> I was seeing some weird behavior where I was hitting
> random BUG_ONs in memory.c . After a bit of debugging,
> I traced it back to remap_pfn_range being my entry point
> into memory.c . Should the "addr" passed it be page aligned?

Most likely yes. How would you map if not on page boundary? I suspect it
was a bug in the caller?

> I see no documentation stating that nor do I see any checks
> in the code for it.

I suspect it was implicitly assumed. Most callers seem to pass
vma->vm_start as addr, which is page aligned. But 'size' parameter
alignment is fixed up, and it should be a similar case as addr.
Maybe a VM_BUG_ON check?