Re: [RFC v2] mm: add page preemption

Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 09:41:53 +0100 Michal Hocko wrote:

> As already raised in the review of v1. There is no real life usecase
> described in the changelog.

No feature, no user; no user, no workloads.
No linux-6.x released, no 6.x users.
Are you going to be one of the users of linux-6.0?

Even though, I see a use case over there at
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20191023120452.GN754@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

That thread terminated because of preemption, showing us how useful
preemption might be in real life.

> I have also expressed concerns about how
> such a reclaim would work in the first place

Based on what?

> (priority inversion,

No prio inversion will happen after introducing prio to global reclaim.

> expensive reclaim etc.).

No cost, no earn.