hibernation memory usage

Hi,

I am working on a project that uses hibernation, and we've noticed occasional failures with "echo disk > /sys/power/state" returning ENOMEM.  I added some logging and noticed that the failures seem to correlate with total anonymous pages being approximately 1/2 of total RAM.  The allocation strategy isn't explicitly documented and the code is a bit tricky (as usual), but I am getting the sense that a copy of the entire RAM in use is made prior to saving it to disk.  Is it the case then that hibernation is guaranteed to fail if anon memory is more than 50% of RAM?  Since tasks are frozen, that memory cannot change and the copy seems redundant (except it probably makes things simpler).

Thanks!