Re: Do DMA mappings get cleared on suspend?

On Mon, 2019-08-19 at 21:49 +0200, Paul Pawlowski wrote:
> Hello,
> Do DMA mappings get cleared when the device is suspended to RAM? A
> device I'm writing a driver for requires the DMA addresses not to
> change after a resume and trying to use DMA memory allocated before
> the suspend causes a device error. Is there a way to persist the
> mappings through a suspend?

What are you actually asking?  The state of the IOMMU mappings should
be saved and restored on suspend/resume.  However, whether mappings
that are inside actual PCI devices are saved and restored depends on
the actual device.  In general we don't expect them to remember in-
flight I/O which is why I/O is quiesced before devices are suspended,
so the device should be inactive and any I/O in the upper layers will
be mapped on resume.  The DMA addresses of the mailboxes are usually
saved and restored, but how is up to the driver.

James