Re: Bulk kmalloc

Matthew Wilcox <willy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> kvmalloc() is the normal solution here.  Usual reasons for not being
> able to do that would be that you do DMA to the memory or that you need
> to be able to free each of these objects individually.

I don't need to DMA to the memory - but it might be worth my while removing
status, cb_expires_at, cb_version and cb_type from struct afs_vnode and
replacing them with an RCU-managed pointer to an afs_status_cb struct.

I could then use plain RCU rather than a seqlock to manage reading from the
record (the problem being that updating these records cannot be done
atomically).  That would allow me to make afs_d_revalidate() more efficient by
doing the checks first in LOOKUP_RCU mode.

I'm not sure it's worth the extra RCU load, though.

David