[QUESTIONS] THP allocation in NUMA fault migration path

Hi folks,

I noticed that there might be new THP allocation in NUMA fault migration path (migrate_misplaced_transhuge_page()) even when THP is disabled (set to "never"). When THP is set to "never", there should be not any new THP allocation, but the migration path is kind of special. So I'm not quite sure if this is the expected behavior or not?

And, it looks this allocation disregards defrag setting too, is this expected behavior too?

Thanks,

Yang