Re: [Lsf] [LSF][MM] rough agenda for memcg.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Andrea Arcangeli <aarcange@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 01:23:13PM +0400, Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
>> >  b) single LRU and per memcg zone->lru_lock.
>> >     I hear zone->lru_lock contention caused by memcg is a problem on Google servers.
>> >     Okay, please show data. (I've never seen it.)
>> >     Then, we need to discuss Pros. and Cons. of current design and need to consinder
>> >     how to improve it. I think Google and Michal have their own implementation.
>> >
>> >     Current design of double-LRU is from the 1st inclusion of memcg to the kernel.
>> >     But I don't know that discussion was there. Balbir, could you explain the reason
>> >     of this design ? Then, we can go ahead, somewhere.
>>
>> I would like to take part in that and describe what we've done with LRU
>> in OpenVZ in details.
>
> Sounds good.
>

>> >   a) Kernel memory accounting.
>>
>> This one is very interesting to me.
>
> I expected someone would have been interested into that...

We are definitely interested in that. We are testing the patch
internally now on kernel slab accounting. The author won't be in LSF,
but I can help to present our approach in the session w/ Pavel. Also,
I would like to talk a bit on the kernel memory reclaim for few
minutes.

--Ying