Re: HARDENED_USERCOPY will BUG on multiple slub objects coalesced into an sk_buff fragment

On Tue, 5 Jun 2018, Anton Eidelman wrote:

> What I am still wondering about (and investigating), is how kernel_sendpage()
> with slab payload results in slab payload on another socket RX.
> Do you see how page ref-counting can be broken with extra references taken
> on a slab page containing the fragments, and dropped when networking is
> done with them?

The slab allocators do not use page refcounting. The objects may be
destroyed via poisioning etc if you use kfree() while still holding a
refcount on the page. Even without poisoning the slab allocator may
overwrite the object.