Re: BUG: Bad page map in process udevd (anon_vma: (null)) in 2.6.38-rc4

Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 7:16 PM, Eric W. Biederman
> <ebiederm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Interesting. ÂI just got this with DEBUG_PAGEALLOC
>> It looks like something in DEBUG_PAGEALLOC is interfering with taking a
>> successful crashdump.
>
> Hmm. I don't see why, but we don't care. Just the IP and the Code:
> section is plenty good enough.

I agree that is a different problem.

I care because I don't get my automatic reboot after the crash.  Which
means things don't recover automatically, and I have to futz with the
machine.

> The patch from Eric Dumazet (which adds a few more cases to my patch
> and hopefully catches them all) almost certainly fixes this rather
> nasty memory corruption.

I will see if I can dig it up and get it into my test kernel.

Eric