Re: stalled MM patches

On Fri 01-12-17 10:30:35, Darrick J. Wong wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 02:14:23PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> >
> > I'm sitting on a bunch of patches of varying ages which are stuck for
> > various reason.  Can people please take a look some time and assist
> > with getting them merged, dropped or fixed?
> >
> > I'll send them all out in a sec.  I have rough notes (which might be
> > obsolete) and additional details can be found by following the Link: in
> > the individual patches.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Subject: mm: skip HWPoisoned pages when onlining pages
> >
> >   mhocko had issues with this one.
> >
> > Subject: mm/mempolicy: remove redundant check in get_nodes
> > Subject: mm/mempolicy: fix the check of nodemask from user
> > Subject: mm/mempolicy: add nodes_empty check in SYSC_migrate_pages
> >
> >   Three patch series.  Stuck because vbabka wasn't happy with #3.
> >
> > Subject: mm: memcontrol: eliminate raw access to stat and event counters
> > Subject: mm: memcontrol: implement lruvec stat functions on top of each other
> > Subject: mm: memcontrol: fix excessive complexity in memory.stat reporting
> >
> >   Three patch series.  Stuck because #3 caused fengguang-bot to
> >   report "BUG: using __this_cpu_xchg() in preemptible"
> >
> > Subject: mm/madvise: enable soft offline of HugeTLB pages at PUD level
> >
> >   Hoping for Kirill review.  I wanted additional code comments (I
> >   think).  mhocko nacked it.
> >
> > Subject: mm: readahead: increase maximum readahead window
> >
> >   Darrick said he was going to do some testing.
>
> FWIW I thought Jan said was going to do some testing on a recent kernel...

Yeah, tests are running. Will report results once I get them.

> Referencing the patch itself: ext3 on 4.4 is a bit old for a 4.16 patch, yes?

I think I already replied to this concern - this is just an unclear
statement in the changelog. ext3 == ext4 mounted with -o nodelalloc (that
happens today if you try to mount a filesystem using ext3 fstype).

								Honza

--
Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxxx>
SUSE Labs, CR