Re: mm-deactivate-invalidated-pages.patch

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 8:14 AM, Andrew Morton
<akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I haven't merged this.  What do we think its status/desirability is?
> Testing results?

Please, revert this.
This patch is old. I have sent several versions to mm.
It's a last version.
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-mm/msg12492.html
Testing result is following as.

Some people already applied it into their kernel and they said to me
that this patch series solve response problem in his computer. It's a
real issue.
But unfortunately they reported a problem to me so I sent a patch.
So I have to resend this series with my one fix and with test result.
Hmm.. maybe I need a enough time to rebase and retest.

I will resend it after you release mmotm.

> I have a note against it: "When PageActive is unset, we need to change
> cgroup lru too.".  Did that get addressed?

Yes. [add/del]_page_to_lru_list already does it.

Thanks, Andrew.

--
Kind regards,
Minchan Kim