Regression in linux 2.6.37: failure to boot, caused by commit 37d57443d5 (mm/slub.c)

Hello together,

I hope, I've got the right list of people from scripts/get_maintainer.pl
and the commit-log, just omitting LKML as Rcpt.

This morning I tried vanilla 2.6.37 on my Desktop system, which failed
to boot but continued displaying Debug-Messages too fast to read. Using
netconsole I was then able to capture them (see attached file). I was
able to trigger this bug even with init=/bin/bash by a simple call of
"mount -o remount,rw /" with my / being an ext4 filesystem.

Using git bisect I could identify commit 37d57443d5 as "the culprit" -
once I reverted that bugfix locally, my system booted happily. This ist
surely not a fix, but a local workaround for me - I would appreciate, if
someone with knowledge of the code could find a real fix.

The attached dmesg-output was "anonymized" wrt. MAC-Addresses, but is
complete otherwise.

Please let me know, if I can help any further,
thanks in advance,
Yours
Matthias Merz

--
Q: How many mutt users does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: One. But you have to set the option auto-change-illumination