Re: Low memory killer problem

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 08:22:38AM +0000, zhiyuan_zhu@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Dear Greg,
>
> Very sorry my mail history is lost.
>
> I found a part of ION memory will be return to system in android platform,
> But these memorys  can’t accounted in low-memory-killer strategy.
> …
> And I also found ION memory comes from,  kmalloc/vmalloc/alloc pages/reserved memory.
> I understand reserved memory shouldn't accounted to free memory.
> But the memory which alloced by kmalloc/vmalloc/alloc pages, can be reclaimed.
>
> But the low-memory killer can't accounted this part,
> Many thanks.
>
> Code location,
>    ---> drivers/staging/android/lowmemorykiller.c   -> lowmem_scan

That file is gone from the latest kernel release, sorry.  So there's not
much we can do about this code anymore.

See the mailing list archives for what should be used instead of this
code, there is a plan for what to do.

Also note that the ION code has had a lot of reworks lately as well.

good luck!

greg k-h