swapping file pages

On an SSD used by a typical chromebook (i.e. the one on my desk right
now), it takes about 300us to read a random 4k page, but it takes less
than 10us to lzo-decompress a page from the zram device.

Code compresses reasonably well (down to almost 50% for x86_64,
although only 66% for ARM32), so I may be better off swapping file
pages to zram, rather than reading them back from the SSD.  Before I
even get started trying to do this, can anybody tell me if this is a
stupid idea?  Or possibly a good idea, but totally impractical from an
implementation perspective?

Thanks!