Re: Is MADV_HWPOISON supposed to work only on faulted-in pages?

Naoya Horiguchi <n-horiguchi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I think that what the testcase effectively does is to test whether memory
> handling on zero pages works or not.
> And the testcase's failure seems acceptable, because it's simply not-implemented yet.
> Maybe recovering from error on zero page is possible (because there's no data
> loss for memory error,) but I'm not sure that code might be simple enough and/or
> it's worth doing ...

I doubt it's worth doing, it's just too unlikely that a specific page
is hit. Memory error handling is all about probabilities.

The test is just broken and should be fixed.

mce-test had similar problems at some point, but they were all fixed.

-Andi