Re: [ATTEND] many topics

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 05:30:39PM +1100, NeilBrown wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 23 2017, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> > ... can it even wait for *another* TEMPORARY allocation?  I really think
> > this discussion needs to take place in a room with more people present
> > so we can get misunderstandings hammered out and general acceptance of
> > the consensus.
>
> I suspect you are right, but throwing around some thoughts in advance,
> to spark new ideas, can't hurt?  I hate going to meetings where the
> agenda has a topic, but no background discussion.  It means that I have
> to do all my thinking on my feet (not that I'll be at this meeting).

I have no desire to shut down discussion on the list!  I just wished to
point out that I don't think we're going to reach consensus on this issue,
and so it'll be worth having on the agenda.

Also, I am sad that I won't see you in Boston, and that you weren't able
to be in Hobart either.  Maybe Sydney next year?