Re: Sudden and massive page cache eviction

> You don't have anybody messing with /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches, do you?

Highly unlikely given that (1) evictions, while often very
significant, are usually not *complete* (although the first graph
example I provided had a more or less complete eviction) and (2) the
evictions are not obviously periodic indicating some kind of cron job,
and (3) we see the evictions happening across a wide variety of
machines.

So yes, I feel confident that we are not accidentally doing that.

(FWIW though, drop_caches is great. I only recently found out about
it, and it's really useful when benchmarking.)

--
/ Peter Schuller aka scode