[LSF/MM ATTEND] Un-addressable device memory and block/fs implications

Jerome Glisse <jglisse@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I would like to discuss un-addressable device memory in the context of
> filesystem and block device. Specificaly how to handle write-back, read,
> ... when a filesystem page is migrated to device memory that CPU can not
> access.
>
> I intend to post a patchset leveraging the same idea as the existing
> block bounce helper (block/bounce.c) to handle this. I believe this is
> worth discussing during summit see how people feels about such plan and
> if they have better ideas.
>

> I also like to join discussions on:
>   - Peer-to-Peer DMAs between PCIe devices
>   - CDM coherent device memory
>   - PMEM
>   - overall mm discussions

I would like to attend this discussion. I can talk about coherent device
memory and how having HMM handle that will make it easy to have one
interface for device driver. For Coherent device case we definitely need
page cache migration support.

-aneesh