Re: [7/8,v3] NUMA Hotplug Emulator: extend memory probe interface to support NUMA

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010, Dave Hansen wrote:

> It's not just the mem_map[], though.  When a section is sitting
> "offline", it's pretty much all ready to go, except that its pages
> aren't in the allocators.  But, all of the other mm structures have
> already been modified to make room for the pages.  Zones have been added
> or modified, pgdats resized, 'struct page's initialized.

Ok, so let's create an interface that compliments the probe interface that
takes a quantity of memory to be hot-added from the amount of hidden RAM
only after we fake the nodes_add array for each section within that
quantity by calling update_nodes_add() and then looping through for each
section calling add_memory().