Re: [LSF/MM ATTEND][LSF/MM TOPIC] Address range mirroring enhancement

On 03/01/2016 09:31 PM, Izumi, Taku wrote:
> [...]

It sounds like there was some good discussions of this at LSF/MM:

	https://lwn.net/Articles/684866/

One thing I wanted to add: There's an Intel platform (Knights Landing
aka Xeon Phi) that has some on-package memory.  It's higher-bandwidth
than normal DRAM, but it shows up as a really slow, remote NUMA node.
Instead of needing to come up with new syscalls for allocating from this
new memory, applications just use the plain old NUMA APIs.

While this doesn't help any of the other issues for mirroring (the
fallback and exhaustion problems), is there a reason we shouldn't use
the NUMA APIs for this?