Re: TMPFS Maximum File Size

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 6:44 AM, Tharindu Rukshan Bamunuarachchi
<btharindu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there any kind of file size limitation in TMPFS ?

There is, but it should not be affecting you.  In your x86_64 case,
the tmpfs filesize limit should be slightly over 256GB.

(There's no good reason for that limit when CONFIG_SWAP is not set,
and it's then just a waste of memory on those swap vectors: I've long
wanted to #iifdef CONFIG_SWAP them, but never put in the work to do so
cleanly.)

> Our application SEGFAULT inside write() after filling 70% of TMPFS
> mount. (re-creatable but does not happen every time).

I've no idea why that should be happening: I wonder if your case is
actually triggering some memory corruption, in application or in
kernel, that manifests in that way.

But I don't quite understand what you're seeing either: a segfault in
the write() library call of your libc?  an EFAULT from the kernel's
sys_write()?

Hugh