Dead Config in mm/percpu.c

Hi all!

        As part of the VAMOS[0] research project at the University of
Erlangen we are looking at multiple integrity errors in linux'
configuration system.

        I've been running a check on the mm/ sourcetree for
config Items not defined in Kconfig and found 1 such case. Sourcecode
blocks depending on these Items are not reachable from a vanilla
kernel -- dead code. I've seen such dead blocks made on purpose
e.g. while integrating new features into the kernel but generally
they're just useless.

We found, that CONFIG_NEED_PER_CPU_KM is a dead symbol, so it isn't defined
anywhere. Cause of that the percpu_km.c is never included anywhere. Is
this a intended dead symbol, for use in out of tree development, or is
this just an error?

Regards
        Christian Dietrich
--
(λ x . x x) (λ x . x x) -- See how beatiful the lambda is
No documentation is better than bad documentation