Re: [S+Q 00/16] SLUB with Queueing beats SLAB in hackbench

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010, Pekka Enberg wrote:
>> > Hackbench I don't think is that interesting. SLQB was beating SLAB
>> > too.
>>
>> We've seen regressions pop up with hackbench so I think it's
>> interesting. Not the most interesting one, for sure, nor conclusive.

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Christoph Lameter
<cl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hackbench was frequently cited in performance tests. Which benchmarks
> would be of interest?  I am off this week so dont expect a fast response
> from me.

I guess "netperf TCP_RR" is the most interesting one because that's a
known benchmark where SLUB performs poorly when compared to SLAB.
Mel's extensive slab benchmarks are also worth looking at:

http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0902.0/00745.html