Re: [patch -mm 08/18] oom: badness heuristic rewrite

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010, KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki wrote:

> > No, we'll sometime completely replace implementations.  There's no hard
> > rule apart from "whatever makes sense".  If wholesale replacement makes
> > sense as a patch-presentation method then we'll do that.
> >
> I agree.
>
> IMHO.
>
> But this series includes both of bug fixes and new features at random.
> Then, a small bugfixes, which doens't require refactoring, seems to do that.
> That's irritating guys (at least me) because it seems that he tries to sneak
> his own new logic into bugfix and moreover, it makes backport to distro difficult.

I'll reply to your proposed patch order in your other email, but please
don't think that I'm trying to sneak anything in with this series :)  It's
been posted here for months and everything has been fully open to review
and comment.  Most of the patches that have been added on after the
heuristic rewrite were things that came up later in testing and
inspection, so I understand how the series has a somewhat awkward flow.
I'll fix that.