Re: [patch -mm 13/18] oom: avoid race for oom killed tasks detaching mm prior to exit

On Tue, 1 Jun 2010, Oleg Nesterov wrote:

> On 06/01, David Rientjes wrote:
> >
> > No, it applies to mmotm-2010-05-21-16-05 as all of these patches do. I
> > know you've pushed Oleg's patches
>
> (plus other fixes)

You're suggesting that I should develop my patches on top of what I
speculate that Andrew will eventually merge in -mm?  I don't have that
kind of time, sorry.

> > but they are also included here so no
> > respin is necessary unless they are merged first (and I think that should
> > only happen if Andrew considers them to be rc material).
>
> Well, I disagree.
>
> I think it is always better to push the simple bugfixes first, then
> change/improve the logic.

Unless your fixes, which seem to still be under development considering
your discussion with KOSAKI in those threads, are going into 2.6.35 during
the rc cycle, then there's no difference in them being merged as part of
this patchset since they are duplicated here.  So you'll need to convince
Andrew they are rc material otherwise it doesn't matter.