Transparent Hugepage Support #19

Hello,

I'm not patchbombing further due the size of the patchset (71 patches
now).

git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/andrea/aa.git
git clone --reference linux-2.6 git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/andrea/aa.git

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/andrea/patches/v2.6/2.6.34-rc3/transparent_hugepage-19/
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/andrea/patches/v2.6/2.6.34-rc3/transparent_hugepage-19.gz

Differences from #18:

1) backout mainline anon-vma changes, I had one bugcheck trigger that
   seems could be caused by bugs in the anon-vma changes. Those bugs
   are much more noticeable and severe with transparent hugepage
   support enabled. I tried the patches available but named wouldn't
   start anymore with futex returning sigbus. Note the commentary
   added here about it:

   http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/andrea/patches/v2.6/2.6.34-rc3/transparent_hugepage-19/split_huge_page-anon_vma

2) don't compact already compcat transparent hugepages (thanks to Avi,
   Mel and Johannes for the help). Avi you may want to re-test the
   sort workload with kernel build in parallel, memory compaction
   won't split hugepages anymore.

   http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/andrea/patches/v2.6/2.6.34-rc3/transparent_hugepage-19/transhuge-isolate_migratepages

3) include AnonHugePages into AnonPages in /proc/meminfo as suggested
   by Avi

   http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/andrea/patches/v2.6/2.6.34-rc3/transparent_hugepage-19/transparent_hugepage_vmstat

4) fix some issue in move_pages syscall (using a suggestion from
   Christoph to have follow_page split them internally, adding
   FOLL_SPLIT). Otherwise only the second run of move_pages would
   succeed. This is one of the special user of gup that like futex is
   doing more than just DMA or obtaining physical address of the page
   to setup a secondary MMU on the virtual memory.

   http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/andrea/patches/v2.6/2.6.34-rc3/transparent_hugepage-19/pmd_trans_huge_migrate

Let's see if this makes it rock solid..... I loaded it in enough
places that we'll know in a couple of days. I recommend to use this
tree for the benchmarking.

Thanks,
Andrea