Re: [regression] cpuset,mm: update tasks' mems_allowed in time (58568d2)

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010, Miao Xie wrote:

> Sorry, Could you explain what you advised?
> I think it is hard to fix this problem by adding a variant, because it is
> hard to avoid loading a word of the mask before
>
> 	nodes_or(tsk->mems_allowed, tsk->mems_allowed, *newmems);
>
> and then loading another word of the mask after
>
> 	tsk->mems_allowed = *newmems;
>
> unless we use lock.
>
> Maybe we need a rw-lock to protect task->mems_allowed.

I meant that we need to define synchronization only for configurations
that do not do atomic nodemask_t stores, it's otherwise unnecessary.
We'll need to load and store tsk->mems_allowed via a helper function that
is defined to take the rwlock for such configs and only read/write the
nodemask for others.