Re: Linux Memory Management Summit 8-9 August

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 04:22:22PM +1100, Nick Piggin wrote:
> There has not been a memory management specific event for several years,
> so we are going to try an MM summit again this year. While they are
> distinct events, we are leveraging the format and logistics of the
> successful Linux Storage and Filesystems summit this year. There are
> common interests on a technical level as well, so we do have the
> possibility for joint sessions.

I should add some detail about the submission process, seeing as it
is new to us memory management people (including me). The reality is
that with limited places available, our program committee will have
to select which proposals to accept. However I do like the idea of
asking people to think about what they can bring to and take from the
meeting.

You don't have to be developing anything revolutionary, just be
interested in discussing ways to solve a problem, getting feedback
on your ideas, or giving feedback to other people.

Keep in mind that we will have a lot of clever vfs, filesystems, and
storage people nearby so it is a good chance to interact with them.
However topics that don't involve fs or storage are also most welcome.

Thanks,
Nick