Re: Bouncing maintainer: Ralf Baechle

On Wed, 25 Sep 2024, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:

> Ralf Baechle is listed as the sole maintainer for several MIPS- and HAMS-
> related subsystems:
>
>   - EDAC-CAVIUM OCTEON

 Cc-ing <linux-edac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> for this subsystem to widen the
audience.

>   - IOC3 ETHERNET DRIVER

 Thomas, is this something you want to take?  I have no such hardware.

>   - NETROM NETWORK LAYER
>   - ROSE NETWORK LAYER
>
> This subsystem lists a comaintainer:
>
>   - TURBOCHANNEL SUBSYSTEM

 I'll handle this subsystem and I'll submit a change to mark the other
subsystems as "Orphan" unless I hear otherwise by the beginning of next
week.

 I note that Ralf is already listed in CREDITS, so there's nothing else to
do here.

> I believe linux-mips.org went offline a few years ago and never recovered, and
> by this point any mail sent to linux-mips.org is bouncing.

 The site was restored back in 2021 and worked until early March this year
when DNS records expired that were owned by Ralf himself.  The machine is
still running and under control, though will eventually be decommissioned
as useless in this current situation, with some contents such as the git
repos and the wiki hopefully preserved elsewhere.

> Please submit a patch to MAINTAINERS removing linux-mips.org references and
> either:
>
> - finding new maintainers for the affected subsystems
> - marking these subsystems as "Orphan"
>
> The goal is to not have any bouncing addresses in the MAINTAINERS file, so
> please submit a fix as soon as the correct course of action is decided.

 Absolutely.  I'll handle all the non-e-mail linux-mips.org references as
well as required with the upcoming change, possibly a small patch series.

 Thank you for doing this clean-up, much appreciated!

  Maciej