90s MIPS eval

hi
I found these boards on a dumpster diving
- Algorithmics LTD P4000i
- Algorithmics LTD P4032Q (built-in battery, lot of corroded tracks)
- IDT79s381
- Mips Atlas, with a MIPS32r2 cpu module

some of these boards are broken, but I think/hope I can fix their
hardware problems
- clean up, remove dust
- remove sand that have accumulated from having exposed to the elements
- replace capacitors
- replace LDOs
- rebuild damaged tracks due to battery acid leaking
- reprogram empty UV-PROM due to long exposition to the sunlight
without any protective label
- ...

The real problem is that I have no documentation and no source of the firmware.

Do you happen to know someone who worked with those boards? and can
share their UserManual, doc and firmware source?

The MIPS Atlas comes with Philips SAA9730, a ~20 old bit combined
multimedia and peripheral controller used in thin clients, Internet
access terminals, and diskless workstations, that implements
  - the VGA interface and Video RAM
  - two USB interfaces
  - PS/2 Keyboard and PS2 Mouse interface
  - I2C interface to serial EEPROM
  - Serial Debug RS232 Interface
  - Ethernet interface

As far as I can see from feedback in Linux, this chip was/is known to
be weird, but I don't find details: has anyone ever worked on it? If
so, are there any "notes" about its weird behavior?

I'm tempted to support it, but it might not be worth it and so I might
opt to bypass it altogether.

let me know
D.