Sunsetting some dead on arrival MIPS kernel features?

Hi all,

When I'm preparing kernel tree for some future MIPS architecture features like
removal of branch delay slot and CPU identification instructions, I noticed there are
some dead on arrival MIPS architecture features that still supported by kernel.
Those features are increasing our maintenance burden without attracting actual
users.

I think we should consider about get rid of them in case we can confirmed nobody is
using them.

1. MIPS_CMP, MIPS_VPE_LOADER_CMP, MIPS_VPE_APSP_API_CMP:
CMP framework was designed to abstract out SMP opreations between platforms.
However it never get used by any platform beside MIPS malta EVB for M4K and
M74K family. Even those EVBs can be supported by MIPS_CPS.
Given that it have been marked as DEPRECATED for years, probably it's time to
remove it.

2. CPU_MICROMIPS:
This option is for building kernel with microMIPS ISA, microMIPS is a compression
extension of base MIPS ISA, hardware IP cores can be configured to be microMIPS
only or support both microMIPS + MIPS32.
However it is only implemented by a small number of MTI cores, also confirmed by
hardware team, due to performance penalty it incurred, there is no core that capable
to run Linux (i.e.: with MMU and sufficient memory) shipped as microMIPS only.
Removal of this feature won't remove support for microMIPS user space support,
just we won't be able to build a kernel for microMIPS only CPUs.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
- Jiaxun