Random Hard Lockup starting MIPS32 kernel with kexec.

Back on 22 Sep 2015, Paul Burton added the following patch to the Kernel:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mips/1442945538-26141-7-git-send-email-paul.burton@xxxxxxxxxx/

I am trying to kexec a mips32 kernel on a MT7621 target (1004Kc Cores).
The target has two cores/4 threads (It is NOT the single core MT7621
variant).
The Kexeced OS is locking up hard in this code, randomly, about 30% of
the time.

So the boot sequence is uboot -> first linux kernel -> kexec -> second
linux kernel.

Its the second one locking up.  The first never does.  This is the output:
[    1.891609] Waiting for core 1 to start... STAT_CONF=0x4a0504

I can't find any documentation on the CPC Sequencer, so what state this
is, and why its stuck is a mystery.

I have tried analysis of various GCR and VPE/TC state registers but i
can't find anything obviously different between when it doesn't lock up,
and when it does.

Can anyone assist with an explanation of what that state means, and
where i should be looking to find why its locked up?

My company would also be willing to pay for assistance in solving this
issue, as it is a high threat to our product we are developing.

Steven Johnson